Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12306/10261
Title: Assessment of Prescribing Attitudes and Practices Among Recognized Prescribers in KIUTH and Kitagata Hospital.
Authors: Ileta, Nelson John
Keywords: Attitudes
Prescribers
Prescribing
Kitagata Hospital
Issue Date: Aug-2011
Publisher: Kampala International University, School of Health Sciences.
Abstract: Background: Prescription practice is health care service implemented by a physician or other medical practitioner in the form of instructions that govern the plan of care for an individual patient; prescription practice may include orders to be performed by a patient caretaker, nurse, pharmacist or other therapist. Prescription is physician's order for the preparation and administration of a drug or device for a patient. A prescription has several parts. They include the superscription or heading with the symbol "R" or "Rx", which stands tor the word recipe (meaning, in Latin, to take). Prescription errors are becoming the major problem in many countries and drug resistance to medication is increasing in the world, impacting infection control effects and cost. Methods: A cross sectional study was carried in Kampala International University Teaching Hospital (KlUTH), and Kitagata hospital in Bushenyi District of Uganda. 105 recognized prescribers were randomly selected. Results: It was noted that majority of the respondent 96(91%) said they are aware and are applying the prescription rules while the rest 9(9%) said they are not aware and are practicing prescription rule.
Description: A Research Project Submitted in Partial Fulfillment for the Award of Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree Kampala International University Western Campus
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/20.500.12306/10261
Appears in Collections:Bachelor of Pharmacy

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
Nelson John Ileta.pdf3.15 MBAdobe PDFView/Open


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.