Electronic Procurement and Organizational Performance, A Case Study of Roofings Uganda LTD

Thumbnail Image
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Kampala International University, College of Economics and Management.
E-Procurement has mainly been in the form of electronic data interchange (EDT). Tt appears that B-procurement is still in its early stages of adoption in the corporate world. No single E procurement solution can adequately provide the need for a firm to purchase different types of goods or services (Hinge Russet, 2010). Tn this context, the objective so of the research report severe to find out the level of E- procurement on purchasing of the organizational performance, to examine the challenges under E-procurement on purchasing of the organizational performance and determining the relationship between E-procurement and organizational performance. The research used a cross sectional research design, which was descriptive, qualitative, and causal research design. Findings showed that Electronic procurement enables timely deliveries and its most saving due to use of the technology, easiness of communication processes made possible and as a result, time and other blockages are reduced as a result of using electronic system. The se of internet and telephone to communicate between organizations and departments as shown ~ chapter four i.e. table IT where telephone, internet. Roofings Uganda ltd has acquired systems such as computers, internet servers to help in speedy processing of the information; this has led) the use of emails and telephones while making purchase orders hence reducing on the lead me and cost saving as well. The positive impact of electronic procurement includes, reduced) of movements to the suppliers, reduced documentation, improving communication and information flow , increasing access to a wider market, creating fast and reliable services, asking the procurement process convenient and reducing costs in the long run. It was found at the R2 value of (0.094) indicates that 9.4% of the variations in trade balance have been ~planed by the E-procurement and the remaining 90.6% was taken by the other factors not included the model. These findings are supported by the correlation analysis in which correlation efficient (r) = (0.307) showing that there is a weak negative relationship between procurement and organizational performance in Roofings Uganda Limited. The research commended that an investigative research should be carried out to find solutions to the problems encountered in the process of using electronic procurement. Investigation should be out to find other possible aspects on the E-procurement purchasing performance of roofing Uganda Ltd and the Government should bring up a law that the network should be instant so that people who use E-procurement carry out their activities effectively and efficiently.
A Research Report Submitted to The College of Economics And Management in Partial Fulfillment of The Requirements for The Award of Bachelor’s Degree in International Business Administration of Kampala International University
Electronic Procurement, Organizational Performance